About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
I'm going through a transitional stage...coming out on top.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Transition...To the natural




My experiences with hair have been up and down. Some of my most memorable experiences deal with me running through the house trying to escape the Hot King Comb--you may know it as the "pressing comb." I wonder why my mom was so determined to get them naps out that she would chase me all through the house, by "chase" I actually mean yell from her chair that she's not gonna chase me and I better get back here NOW. Because I would create such a scene whenever she brought out the Hot King Comb, she ended up taking me to the hair salon. I was about six years old when I got my first relaxer. 

Now I don't know what kind of life crisis I'm going through--actually I do but I just don't wanna share it with y'all--but sometime during this summer I realized that I have no idea what my un-relaxed hair looks like. And frankly, I think that's kinda sad...pathetic even. So I'm stripping my hair of the heat and the chemicals. I'm writing this down, so that there is proof that I decided to do this. Therefore, I can be held accountable for my actions by my smart-mouthed friends who will undoubtedly taunt me, if I ever try to succumb to the creamy crack. Hopefully my hair turns out to look as fly as the sista in the photo. I don't know why I just said "sista."

love always,

MorganEliseJ

No comments:

Post a Comment